Delicious Peanut Butter Whipped Cream

Easy to make peanut butter whipped cream frosting! This peanut butter whipped cream makes a great frosting for cake & cupcakes. Includes recipe note for how to make keto peanut butter whipped cream.

The first time I shared a whipped cream recipe was the first time I actually ever made whipped cream. I grew up as a cool whip kid and thought it was the best thing ever.



But then I made chocolate whipped cream and my mind was forever changed.

I still like cool whip and use it, especially for ease when its mixed with other ingredients in a recipe. Both my no bake oreo pie and reese’s peanut butter cup pie recipe use a container of cool whip in the filling and they are goooood. And easy.

But homemade whipped does hold a special place in my heart now.

I will probably always pick a flavored whipped cream over plain….. OR maybe that means I should work on making a delicious vanilla bean whipped cream because that sounds pretty good with fresh strawberries.

But for now, my mind is stuck on peanut butter whipped cream. With chocolate cupcakes.

Ingredients

  •  1 cup heavy cream
  •  1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
  •  2 tbsp powdered sugar


Instructions

  1. Place a metal or glass mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 15 minutes.
  2. Remove the bowl from the freezer. Add the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and peanut butter, beat with an electric mixer for 4-7 minutes, or until stiff peaks form / it’s scoop-able with a spoon and holds its shape.
  3. Use on cakes, cupcakes, pies, hot cocoa, etc. Place leftovers in a container and store in the fridge for up to 1 day.
  4. Notes
  5. If you’re following a keto diet, you can make this peanut butter whipped cream with a few changes. Use a keto approved sweetener like stevia, erythritol or monk fruit sweetener as a one for one substitute. Use a peanut butter without added sugar. And heavy cream is already keto approved!